||Showing results 1-10 of 863
Monday, February 20, 2017
A Torah scroll will soon come to a Scottish campus, marking the first time ever a university in the country will have one on site, the rabbi leading the effort told The Algemeiner.
“It is very exciting for all the students at the University of Edinburgh,” said Rabbi Pinny Weinman, co-director of the school’s Chabad center, which will house the Torah...
S. Louis Post-Dispatch - MO,
Saturday, February 18, 2017
...The words harmonized with encouragement from Chabad center co-director Rabbi Hershey Novack, who reminded audience members of their role as the bearers of an important history.
“You here tonight are at the strange crossroads of a memory. You’re the last generation of people, young people, who have the privilege to meet (Holocaust) survivors. And you are the very first generation who will need to remember the Holocaust without the privilege of having survivors present,” Novack said...
Tulane Hullabaloo - New Orleans, LA,
Sunday, February 19, 2017
At a school where 27 percent of the student body is Jewish, Shabbat, the Jewish Sabbath, is no minor venue. Yet, despite the hundreds of students who show up to weekly dinners, Rabbi Leibel Lipskier decided to raise the bar.
Shabbat 1000, a Rohr Chabad Jewish Student Center-sponsored event, was held at 5 p.m. on Feb. 10 on the Newcomb Quadrangle. More than 1100 students were present...
Oracle - USF,
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
After the liberation of France in 1944, 24-year-old Marthe Cohn, was risking her life in defying the Nazi regime by joining intelligence services in the First French Army and supplying Allies with crucial information in efforts of bringing WWII to an early end.
In association with Chabad Jewish Center at USF, Cohn’s lecture focused on her early life fronting as a German nurse under the alias, Marthe Ulrich. With forged German documents serving as a French spy, her carefully concocted alibi involved her searching for her long lost German fiancé...
KARE 11 - Minneapolis, MN,
Thursday, February 9, 2017
The Chabad at the University of Minnesota says a student discovered Nazi graffiti in a campus dorm on Wednesday.
A swastika with the words “Nazis Rule” was drawn on a whiteboard inside a Jewish student’s dorm room. The drawing also depicted a Nazi death camp.
"We have been in touch with the student who was targeted, and while he is shaken, he has shown remarkable resilience," said U of M Chabad co-director Rabbi Yitzi Steiner...
Student Life - Washington University, S. Louis, MO,
Monday, February 13, 2017
habad held its first landfill free Shabbat dinner this January, an effort it hopes to make weekly.
For about a year, Chabad has hoped to make dinners landfill free, and the Chabad house has worked with Student Union’s Green Events Commission (GEC) in order to obtain enough money to support a landfill-free dinner.
Chabad Director of Operations Chana Novack said she hopes these dinners will lead to community education on sustainability and encourage other organizations to follow suit in opening discussion about the environment. She noted that there have been challenges to Chabad’s effort to go landfill free...
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Sun Sentinel - FL,
Monday, February 6, 2017
...For the last 10 years, I have served as the faculty advisor for Chabad at the University of Central Florida (UCF), the second largest university in the U.S. and home to one of the largest Jewish student populations in the nation. Over this time, I have developed a strong friendship with Rabbi Chaim and Rebbetzin Rivkie Lipskier, founders and co-directors of the Chabad center near campus. Their drive to connect with Jewish students is as strong as ever, as they go above and beyond to make sure every student they cross paths with is in good spirits and has everything they need. They will even deliver chicken soup to the dorm of a student with a cold...
Monday, February 6, 2017
Monday, January 23, 2017
||Showing results 1-10 of 863
- Find a local center
- support chabad
- subscribe for updates
- Saturday, February 25, 2017 Shabbat Lunch - Chabad Student Center
- Saturday, February 25, 2017 Shabbat Lunch - Chabad at S E Coast Universities
- Saturday, February 25, 2017 Shabbat Day Lunch - Rohr Chabad House at Vanderbilt
- Saturday, February 25, 2017 Shabbat Lunch!! - Chabad at the University of Wisconsin
- Saturday, February 25, 2017 Shabbat Lunch & Cholent - The Rohr Chabad @ Temple University
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 It`s a Wrap! - Chabad Jewish Center
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 Teffilin Club - Chabad Jewish Center
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 Shacharit - Morning service - Chabad of SMC
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 Minyan - Chabad Student Center
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 Coffee & Kabbalah - Chabad Jewish Center
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 Chabad Hebrew School - Rohr Chabad Jewish Center at Texas A&M University
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 Kosher BLT - Chabad on Campus of Houston
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 COAST - Chabad on Campus serving Washington U. in St. Louis
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 Brunch @ Chabad - Rohr Chabad Jewish Center at Texas A&M University
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 Ariela BDAY! - The Rohr Chabad Jewish Student Center @ the University of Texas
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 Bagels, Lox, and Tefillin - Rohr Chabad House at Vanderbilt
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 B.L.T @AEPI - Chabad @ CSUN
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 The Ari Fellowship - Chabad on Campus serving Washington U. in St. Louis
- Sunday, February 26, 2017 Hamantash Baking Workshop - The Rohr Chabad Center for Jewish Student Life at Binghamton University
- Monday, February 27, 2017 Shacharit - Morning service - Chabad of SMC
- Find event