Collegian - CSU Fresno,
Monday, February 5, 2018
...Rabbi Levy Zirkind of Chabad of Fresno used his time to explain the significance of the olive and distinguish between the Reformed and the Chabad traditions.
“It was just great to have both rabbis together. That doesn’t happen all the time that we have the Reformed rabbi and the Chabad rabbi,” Fields said. “They both have their unique approaches, and it’s great to have a variety of responses to this holiday.”…
Jewish News of Greater Phoenix - AZ,
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Caption: Students with Chabad at ASU enjoy pregame festivities at Arizona State University Basketball’s Jewish Heritage Night. Rabbi Shmuel Tiechtel and Rabbi Mendy Rimler from Chabad ASU kashered an entire concession stand to sell kosher hot dogs, soft pretzels, popcorn, cotton candy and other noshes. The group also met with Jewish basketball players on the Sun Devils team.
WKYT - Lexington, KY,
Thursday, January 25, 2018
...Since the vandalism, Rabbi Shlomo Litvin said he is looking forward, not backward. Anti-Semitism and hate won't stop their mission, he said… "Never turn a blind eye to prejudice against you or against others," he said, "but we can also not let darkness be the force in our lives."
A proclamation from Lexington Mayor Jim Gray declaring Thursday "Chabad of the Bluegrass Day" in honor of their good work was also read at the event.
Kentucky Kernel - University of Kentucky,
Friday, January 26, 2018
...“What’s going to come of this investigation? Who was it that did this? How are they going to be punished?” said Rabbi Shlomo Litvin of Chabad of the Bluegrass. “While these are important questions, they haven’t even registered on my focus.”
Instead, Litvin created three new initiatives to help prevent acts of hate, “to ensure nothing like this happens again,” he said.
The first two initiatives are to provide a series of Jewish educational opportunities around UK’s campus and the Lexington community, including a tabling program on campus…
Lexington Herald Leader - KY,
Thursday, January 25, 2018
After a vandal destroyed the sign in front of the Jewish Student Center near the University of Kentucky campus last week, community members gathered on campus Thursday night to show unity.
The prayer service, held in the Don and Cathy Jacobs Science Building, was organized to help Jewish students at UK feel supported and allow students of various backgrounds to support one another, said Rabbi Shlomo Litvin of Chabad of the Bluegrass.
“I’m a big believer that out of darkness comes a greater light,” Litvin said Thursday night…
WICZ-TV - Binghamton, NY,
Sunday, January 28, 2018
t the Rohr Chabad Center for Jewish Student Life, six Binghamton University students made their Bar and Bat Mitzvahs earlier today.
A Bar Mitzvah for a young man, and a Bat Mitzvah for a young woman, is a Jewish introduction into adulthood, which typically occurs during adolescence. But for students that did not have the opportunity to enjoy the milestone before, they were treated to a ceremony that was surrounded by family and fellow students…
WDRB - Lexington, KY,
Friday, January 19, 2018
...So Rabbi Litvin made the best of the bad situation and used the sign to take his daughter sledding. "There's always much more love than hate. Love is always stronger. Light is always stronger than darkness. No matter how much darkness is around you, one small light can conquer everything," he said.
In a statement, the University says it condemns all forms of hate speech targeted toward anyone campus.
WKYT - Lexington, KY,
Thursday, January 18, 2018
Rabbi Shlomo Litvin was working late Sunday night, early Monday morning at the Jewish Student Center on the University of Kentucky campus when voices from a group outside got his attention.
"The initial comment, i heard the word 'Jew,' which perked my ear. Following that there were terms like 'Heil Hitler,' and 'get the Jews.'"
Surveillance video shows someone charging through the Jewish Student Center's sign, and breaking it from its posts…
Friday, January 12, 2018
Tuscaloosa News - AL,
Thursday, December 21, 2017
The holiday season in Tuscaloosa County is a little more inclusive this year.
After a request from a local Jewish group, the county’s first menorah display has been placed alongside the traditional Christmas tree outside the Tuscaloosa County Courthouse.
Hardy McCollum, Tuscaloosa County’s probate judge and commission chairman, said the request to place the menorah came from the Chabad group at the University of Alabama.
“It’s the first time we’ve even had a request for it,” McCollum said, adding it’s just one example of the county’s efforts at including all religions during the holidays…
- Find a local center
- support chabad
- subscribe for updates
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 Minyan - Chabad Student Center
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 Coffee & Kabbalah - Chabad Jewish Center
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 BL (Bagels, lox and Tefilin) - Chabad at University of Illinois and Champaign-Urbana
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 Hebrew School - Chabad of Randolph
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 Chabad Hebrew School - Rohr Chabad Jewish Center at Texas A&M University
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 Brunch @ Chabad - Rohr Chabad Jewish Center at Texas A&M University
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 Mikvah Brunch and Learn Series - Lubavitch House @ University of Pennsylvania
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 Help kids with special needs bake matzah! - Chabad House at UCLA
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 Spring Break! - Chabad at UConn - The Rohr Jewish Student Center
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 B.L.T @AEPI - Chabad @ CSUN
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 CTeen Matzah Baking with Seniors - Chabad Jewish Center
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 Your Israel Course - Chabad at the University of Wisconsin
- Monday, March 19, 2018 Early Riser`s Minyan - Chabad at University of Illinois and Champaign-Urbana
- Monday, March 19, 2018 Lunch & Learn on Campus - Rohr Chabad Jewish Center at Texas A&M University
- Monday, March 19, 2018 Lunch n Learn at Sussex Uni - Chabad at S E Coast Universities
- Monday, March 19, 2018 Pizza & Parsha - Chabad Student Center
- Monday, March 19, 2018 Pizza and Parsha - Chabad of SIU
- Monday, March 19, 2018 My Rabbi Time - Chabad Student Center
- Monday, March 19, 2018 Cafe Chabad - Chabad @ CSUN
- Monday, March 19, 2018 Sinai Scholars - Chabad at Rice University
- Find event